Location: Florence, South Carolina
Phone: 843-407-3067 (Toll free)
Email: E-mail Me
"Our firm is a family. Each new client becomes a part of that and enjoys all of the benefits of the strong, united force that is the Jernigan Law Firm, P.A...."
Rod received his Juris Doctor degree in law from the University of South Carolina in 1977. He received is Bachelor of Arts in history from the University of South Carolina in 1974.
He is a member of the South Carolina Bar, the Federal District Court for South Carolina the Federal Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and the South Carolina Association for Justice.
Rod is presently a member of the Board of Governors of the South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association. He is a member and Past President of the Florence Rotary Club, and past Assistant District Governor. He is also Past President of the Florence Chamber of Commerce and a former member of the Board of Directors of the Florence Airport Commission the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of the Florence United Way, and former board member of the Florence YMCA and Florence Boys & Girls Club.
During law school Rod was a member of Wig & Robe and the Student Bar Association Legislative Council. He is a former Municipal Court Judge with the City of Florence and a former member of the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association. He is a member of the Church of Sandhurst.
Rod is married to Lisa, and they have four children Kara, Lauren, Bridge, and Mary Stuart.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Traffic Violations
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- South Carolina, 1977
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1977
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina
- J.D. - 1977
- Honors: Society of Wig and Robe (Precl. of Coif)
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.
- B.A. - 1972
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: History
- Mediation (Civil)
- Closing Arguments
- Insurance Litigation
- Arson Litigation
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Secretary (present)
- Rotary, President
- Chamber of Commerce, President
- YMCA; Alston Wilkes Society United Way; Boys & Girls Club, Board of Directors
- USC Gamecock Club, President
Past Employment Positions
- Jernigan Law Firm, President
- Kappa Sigma
- Phi Delta Phi